1. Child abduction: the fine is only like $25000.
2. Stealing the actual CD: the fine is $2,500
3. Rob your neighbor: the fine is $375,000
4. Burn a house down: The fine is just over $375,000
5. Stalk someone: The fine is $175,000
6. Start a dogfighting ring: the fine is $50,000
7. Murder someone: The maximum penalty is only $25,000 and 15 years in jail, and depending on your yearly salary, would probably be far slighter a penalty that $2 million.
“so i could stalk someone kill them then burn their house down and its less than it would cost for downloading music, there’s something wrong there i cant seem to put my finger on it?”
via digg.com comment
This is just insane. People wonder why I tell them not to support the RIAA including companies like Sony, here is a reason why people.